Los Niños Cuentan
Mission and Goals
The Mission of Los Niños Cuentan
- Support Latino Families impacted by domestic and sexual violence.
- Support Latino Families affected by addictions.
- Increase the utilization of child abuse services among Latino families.
- Educate the Spanish speaking community about the emotional impact of domestic violence and addictions on children and youth.
- Increase the understanding of family violence through community education and support services.
- Respond to the needs of community members in crisis through counseling, advocacy and case management.
- Support community members in accessing community resources in the areas of housing, immigration, health-care, education and other necessary resources to improve their standard of living.
- Build relationships with the community through educational programs.
- Advocate for families impacted by family violence.
- Advocate for families affected by addictions.
The Services We Offer
- Emergency shelter for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Support groups for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Classes for parents with children and teenagers.
- English / Spanish classes and cultural exchange.
- Leadership program: Creating community leaders.
- Crisis line for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Support and referral to community resources.
- Case management for those who qualify.
- Financial Education and Small Business Development classes
- To prevent family violence within the Latino community.
- To support Hispanic families impacted by domestic and/or sexual violence.
- To assist families in achieving self-sufficiency.
- To enhance the self-esteem of Latino family members.